Monday, June 27, 2011

Omigawd Becky




The concert was so awesome. Backstreet Kids on the Block, The New Boys, whatever you want to call them (they tried to get the crowd to chant "N-K-O-T-B-S-B" over and over, but I'm not sure that will catch on), were seriously amazeballs.

I bought myself one of those giant buttons that you used to wear on jean jackets - and might have to bring that look back - but there were so many amazing ensembles running around. Lots of girls were decked out in 80s clothes - even the ones who obviously were born in the 90s - I even saw some girls wearing hats like the one above. Legit 1980s gear. Very impressive.


I wanted a t-shirt (ooh - or "I Heart BSB" underwear!), but they were a whopping $40. A girl we were with DID buy one - all it said was "Jordan, Joey, Donnie, Jonathan, Danny." Genius. But $40.


Joey McIntyre (who, along with Jordan Knight has really aged well) made the astute observation that there was a distinct generational gap in the audience - either you felt like it was 1989 again (woooooo!), or you felt like it was 1999 again (and the crowd goes wild!).

The concert seemed to go on forever - who knew Backstreet Boys had so many hits?! - and I will now have to download all the songs I forgot about (Cover Girl, anyone? Step by Step!) for an all-new, all-star mega mix. Which is really good news for all my friends who get mixed CDs from me every Christmas. You're welcome, ladies.



And I can confirm: Backstreet's back. (Alright!)

1 comment:

  1. Hysterical that you went to this show. I desperately wanted a Britney tee when I went to her show a couple of years ago, but I just could not shell out $40 just to have a shirt that says ,"It's Britney, Bitch." Of course, in hindsight, it might have been worth it.

    ReplyDelete