Monday, April 19, 2010

Follow-ups

So as I'm posting pictures from the aforementioned toga party, I realize that 90% of my Facebook friends have been busy posting photos themselves. Of their adorable children (and pets) on Easter. And then there's me, posting photos of myself, in a sheet, singing karaoke. What's wrong with this picture? :)

I should note that all is not lost: I was able to add three new songs to my karaoke repertoire, which had before consisted solely of "Baby Got Back" and "Funky Cold Medina." (Plus, if I was really drunk, "I Love Rock and Roll.") But for some reason I opened with a new set this year: "Pour Some Sugar on Me" (yay one-armmed drummer!), "Hurts so Good," and tragically, "Man in the Mirror." Note: I do not have a good singing voice. Should never ever sing slow songs. But did I let that stop me? No sir. In fact, a nice African-American guy sang "Man in the Mirror" after me, and he had an even WORSE voice. So technically, I sang Michael Jackson better than a black guy. Just saying.

But wait -there's more. I may have even lent back-up vocals to "I Touch Myself" and "We're Not Gonna Take It." Quite a show, peeps. Quite a show. When I went to pick up some party crap I left behind the morning after the party, one toga-goer who spent the night wandered into the kitchen and said "Hey. You're a really good singer." (He was obviously still drunk.)

And a second follow-up: head wound guy mentioned in an earlier post never called for our third potential date. So unless *I* get a head injury, I will never agree to go out with him again. Humph.

No comments:

Post a Comment