Friday, April 9, 2010

Online dating tips - what NOT to do, guys

Sadly I speak from experience. Yes, I've been on eHarmony. And Match. Only thing stopping me from Jdate is that I'm not technically Jewish. (not even a little bit.) And none have proven successful. But I have read enough male profiles to know what NOT to do. At least, if you want to date ME.

1. No shirtless photos. This is information that comes later. Like third, fourth date. Or a first date on the beach. Even then. Perhaps keep a shirt on.
2. No tank tops. Technically, this is a shirt, I realize. But just no.
3. Use spell-check. It couldn't be easier these days - a click of a button. However, I'm aware that Mr. "Get_me_off_hear" would still pass through a spell-check. Little tip: it's "here."
4. Probably not going to work if you live in Vermont and I'm in Dallas. What part of "10 mile radius" are you not getting?

If you pass these simple tests, call me. Maybe I'LL wear a tank top.

1 comment:

  1. You may also want to consider additional deal-breakers: Comb-overs (if you're bald, you're bald), front teeth missing. Beware profile pix with ball caps and no smile. Red flag.

    ReplyDelete