Friday, April 9, 2010

There are two o's in Goose.


Top Gun was on last night while I was at the gym. This is how people can lose weight easier - have amazeballs movies on that just suck you in and you can't get off the elliptical. Personally, I had to wait until the "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" scene was over. Then rushed home in time to see the beach volleyball scene.


Which is still a cinematic marvel. Oh, Rick Rossovich. Where have you been all my life. Funny story: when working as an agent's assistant in Beverly Hills, Rick was a client. I had to talk to him on the phone for something stupid, like to give directions, and I felt myself blushing just chatting with him through a piece of plastic. Sigh.
But seriously, folks. Why is this movie still so good?? Perhaps because of quotes like this:
"The list is long and distinguished." "Like my johnson."
"Negative, ghostrider. The pattern is full."
"Take me to bed or lose me forever."
"Slider? You stink."
Or perhaps because who doesn't look good in aviators? Or doesn't want a cool call-sign like Viper? Cougar? Iceman?

2 comments:

  1. But Kelli Whats-her-name. Ick. Definitely a man/woman. Look at the size of her hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, watch it with the man hand comments. I can relate!

    ReplyDelete