Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Massive Head Wound Harry

First of all, does anyone remember that SNL sketch with Dana Carvey? Greatness.

So there's this guy I'm supposed to go out with on Friday that I'm calling "head wound." We were supposed to go out like a month ago and he never called, claiming he didn't get my email confirmation until too late. I planned on blowing him off, but he asked to go out again two weeks ago. I pulled up, ordered a drink, and got a text from him that he had been in a wreck, his car was totalled, and he was going to have to cancel. I immediately texted back, asking if he was okay. Radio silence.

The entire weekend, I stormed around, like "unless he is in a freaking COMA, I just got totally screwed over!" Enter Monday. He sends an email that he had a concussion and his phone died in the crash (RIP, li'l buddy). So of course I felt like crap.

We are supposed to go out again (technically for the third time) this weekend. Barring him getting hit by a bus. Maybe we should go somewhere within walking distance.

Probably not a good thing when you can draw similarities between your love life and a skit on SNL. "Superstar!!"

2 comments:

  1. Bring him a helmet. Random, but what is up with those wierd words you have to put in before you can post a comment? Lercut, manogg. My favorite so far is "edless". I think I'm edless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DYING here...and by dying, I mean I am laughing so hard that my boss just asked me what I was doing "over there." OK, so, part of me wants to feel sorry for you for still communicating with this douchbag, but the other part wants to encourge this tragic comedy... I do hope there is more to come on Head Wound Harry (and secretly I hope he proves us both wrong that he is not, in fact, a d-bag.) ;) Love the blog! -Cat

    ReplyDelete