Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sorry, Lorraine


Listening to one of my infamous mixes yesterday (more on that in a minute), and the classic "Blame it on the Rain" came on. (Thank you, Milli Vanilli. Or whoever actually sang it.) If you go back and listen to it (because I know you all have it on your iPods), it kind of sounds like "Blame it on Lorraine." Poor Lorraine. She didn't like your dreadlocks or shiny bike shorts, anyway.


The CD also contains the following ditties:

*Born in the USA, The Boss: Totally had this record with Bruce's ass on the cover. Yes ma'am.
*Forever, Chris Brown: I love this song b/c it reminds me of the wedding party who bopped down the aisle to it. And I hate it b/c that's what *I* was going to do! Dammit.
*Dancing with Myself, Billy Idol: Sheer genius. And I add a little something: CAR-dancing with myself.
*Eternal Flame, The Bangles: Slightly embarassing, but still good. And I still know the words.
*Float On, Modest Mouse: This just makes me feel cooler. Which probably makes me more of a loser.
*3, Britney Spears: Because every mix has to have a little Britney.
*Somebody's Watching Me, Rockwell: Eventually those Geico ads are gonna getcha. As is the rhythm.
*I Want You Back, Jackson 5: Aw. Baby MJ. Hearts for you.
*Somebody to Love, Queen: Thank you, Glee, for getting THIS one stuck in my head. And it's also a question I ask my friends: "Can't ANYBODY find me somebody to love?!"
*Sweet Child of Mine: Really no reason. Except it's GREATNESS.
*Power of Love, Huey Lewis and the News: Because I love "Back to the Future." And Marty McFly. Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment