Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Trash vs Treasure party

So I've heard about this idea of having a party where everyone invites someone of the opposite sex who they aren't attracted to "like that," basically a guy friend. in the hopes that someone's trash will be someone else's treasure. I would of course not phrase the evite that way...but the question is, is this still offensive to your plus one? I mean he's safely in the friend zone and he knows it. But is inviting him to a party that basically says "you don't do it for me" too harsh?

I'm trying to think if the situation were reversed. As Queen of Guy Friends (because that's how they all see me, as a dude), I might be a little hurt, but would also be flattered that he wanted to introduce me to other guys...

Thoughts, my 6 readers? :)

4 comments:

  1. I don't think that is offensive as long as a) this guy clearly isn't into you either and b) he really doesn't know the plot of the party. great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! & love this blog. I totally needed a good laugh...it being the day before taxes are due and the house falling in all around me :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, "Amy" is Aaron...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes yes - keep the guys in the dark. GENIUS.
    Thanks for the comments! I feel special. Sad, right? :)

    ReplyDelete