Thursday, April 8, 2010

Toga 7


I started the toga party phenomenon back in 2003 (okay, I didn't START it - the Romans did) when I moved into an apartment and wanted to throw a housewarming party. Obvious theme: TOGA. Duh. And somehow over the past seven years it has morphed into a phenomenon that just keeps getting bigger. Now housed at an actual house (shout-out, Chuck!), over the years we have printed up t-shirts ("Sheet Happens." Still funny.), added karaoke, tinkered with the punch until the recipe is just right, and obviously continued to out-do each other's toga every year. (My gold lame version was pretty happening, people.) But the one tried-and-true tradition, that perhaps also dates back to Roman times? Cherries soaked in Everclear. You heard me.


Toga 7 is just around the corner. See you drunks there!

No comments:

Post a Comment