Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Another book I will NOT be saying was my "last read" on my Match.com profile

Just finished Patti Stanger (The Millionaire Matchmaker)'s book, "Become Your Own Matchmaker" or whatever the hell it's called. I love her show, so figured she would have some pretty good advice. Which she did, but some things I wasn't sure about...

She suggests creating a "bio card" to hand out at bars, etc. One side has your picture on it, and the other has your name, number, email, funny quote, whatever. And you're supposed to give this to people? In the hopes that instead of laughing at you and using it to write someone ELSE'S number on, they will call you? Um, pass.

She lists places to meet guys (and places NOT to meet guys). Some are obvious yet clever: sports bars. Steakhouses. Sporting events. Wine tastings (?). Dog parks. Volunteering (which my mom keeps suggesting to me). Where NOT to: the gym. Salons (duh). Starbucks. This one I disagree with. She says it's because the guys at Starbucks don't have jobs. But yesterday around lunch I went to one with a friend and there were TONS of suited-up guys who certainly LOOKED employed...(I, however, in my ratty jean shorts and white tee, did not.)

And then the final two chapters are about the 6-9 month phase of a relationship and then getting engaged. Um, focusing on the NOW, Patti. Like getting to date number one. Baby steps, people.

PS - Did you know you can sign up (girls for free) on millionairesclub123.com? IN.

3 comments:

  1. one of my best friends met her husband at starbucks. as a wedding favor, they gave everyone coffee beans. suck on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. dog park. I always thought those were places with large concentrations of poo. Not romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now Patti is single once again. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete