Wednesday, August 11, 2010

God giveth, and the DMV taketh away. You mustn't f@&# with the Department of Motor Vehicles

Went to the DMV on 7/7 to get my driver's license renewed. They said to expect the new card withing 2-4 weeks. It's week 5, no license. And my temporary one expires next Friday. I keep trying to call both the Texas Dept of Transportation in Austin (goes directly to voice mail and you can't leave a message) and the local DMV office (constant busy signal). Have also sent two emails to their customer service "contact us" department. To no avail.

DAMN YOU DMV.

So looks like I get to trek down there again tomorrow, wait in line with everyone else and their dog, and see if they can figure out where the F my driver's license is. I think they do this on purpose. Bastards. :)

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps the DMV is reading my blog. Just got a call from a woman at the TXDOT and they sent the license to my previous address. (Um, where I haven't lived for 5 years) But crisis potentially averted. xoxo DMV

    ReplyDelete