Friday, August 13, 2010

Matchmaker. She's baaaaack

Last year around this time, I, along with a few of my friends, signed up with a matchmaker. I think the company was fairly new, and to encourage people to sign up, they were waiving the $400 fee. Free matchmaking? Bring it.

I guess you get what you pay for, because they apparently only had like 5-10 guys and the rest were girls. (Which has pretty much been the ratio my entire life...) There were weird rules, like you would only get his first name and a special code to type in to see his picture, which would completely disappear after 6 hours. (how very Mission Impossible, on many levels.) But I was still set up with a few guys. Including one named like Kourosh. Who didn't want to go out with me again. Alrighty. None of my friends had any luck with the matchmaker, either, and the emails just kind of died off. I assumed the company had gone under.

Until I got an email two weeks ago from a new woman who replaced the last girl we worked with at the matchmaking company. Said she had someone to set me up with, but the rules had changed. No more photos would be provided. You just had to "trust" her. Translation: the guys left are NOT cute and no way would I go out with them if I saw them first. The first guy she gave me was 44, a little older than I was hoping for, and she needed to check to see if he was still single, but might I be interested? Um you don't even know if he's still single? How long has it been since we've gone through this database?? So I politely declined.

But now she's back with bachelor #2. At this point, it's just hh. What do I have to lose. So meeting up with this guy in two weeks for a drink. I sure am getting my money's worth out of this matchmaker deal. Considering I didn't spend any money to begin with. Ha.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe she's just trying to get her brother hitched. Like that mom who has a "marry my son" blog. I would NEVER do that! :0)

    ReplyDelete