Friday, August 20, 2010

I have no spine.

Not two days after I denounced online dating for life, my dear friend J convinced me to sign up on eHarmony with her. Does this sound familiar? I'm starting to wonder if my friends have gotten together and each one drew a different dating site out of a hat. They then twist my arm and coax and beg me to sign up with them. (okay it usually just involves one simple email.) They don't really care one or another about meeting someone, but just enjoy hearing my nightmare stories (and reading about them here). Fess up, ladies.

It's cool - bring on the (bad) dates. So far: no one I even want to start the 18-step communication process with. Which is the same experience I had the LAST time I tried EH. When will I ever learn?

No seriously. That wasn't rhetorical.

Ah well. What's another $30 in the grand scheme of my humiliation. Bring it.

3 comments:

  1. Tommy and I met on eHarmony.... so you never know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need an intervention here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to eHarmony! I really encourage you to be open to the possibility that you can have a positive eHarmony experience this time.

    Even though our compatible matching system has proven to be effective, it’s normal not to be interested in all of your matches. I hope you’ll check out these articles to help you make the most of your search: http://bit.ly/bRxkRx

    Also, our Customer Care team is available 24/7 to provide you with support and assitance: http://bit.ly/10vZNo.

    Good luck!

    -Jack

    p.s. You can follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/eharmony_jack

    ReplyDelete