Monday, August 30, 2010

Why I oughta...

So last week, I had a date with a guy that the "matchmaker" set up. It went really well, although I proceeded to get drunk...(hadn't had dinner. Give a girl a break) He talked about past relationships, saying "I'll give more details on the second or third date." He even walked me to my car and kissed me. So I'm thinking, all signs point to us going out again.

But per the rules of the matchmaker, we both had to get in touch with her and let her know if we'd like to see each other again. And THEN she can distribute phone numbers, etc. (It's all very 1950s, but whatever.) So I emailed her the next day and said I would love to go out again. Now, I knew he was going out of town for work through the end of the week, but as Friday rolled around and I hadn't heard anything, I was starting to fear the worst. And then it came, at 5 freaking 30 on Friday afternoon.

A nicely-worded email from the matchmaker that basically said although he thought I was a "great girl" (ugh), he had met someone else and didn't want to be disloyal, so would be pursuing a relationship with her instead. Alrighty. Which means he had already met this person before going out with me, and still agreed to the date AND kissed me. Humph.

And the fact that this came at 5:30pm right before the weekend really sucked. She DID add a "have a great weekend!" at the end of the email. Thanks, biyotch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment