Thursday, August 19, 2010

Why the fax machine is officially outdated

(Besides the fact that I am somehow incapable of remembering if I need to dial a "9" or not)

Lady just called, wanting information about The Class that was mentioned in the paper a few weeks ago. (Yes, people are still calling.) On the message, she tried to leave her cell #. But didn't know it. Had to take the phone away from her ear and look at it to verify what it was. (This is just nice background information.)

I called her back and told her I would be happy to email her the info. She asked instead if I could fax it. Mmm-kay. Took her a few minutes to dig around and find her husband's fax number. Got it and attempted to fax. The machine just said "dialing" "dialing" dialing" - so I tried a couple more times. Then heard my phone ringing. Turns out she had given me ANOTHER of her cell numbers, and the fax was ringing her cell instead. Armed with a new FAX number, I sent it and of course it went right through. But not before she called again, telling me her other phone was still ringing and couldn't I hear that in the background??

Oh the humanity. Get an email address. Stat. (Or what the hell - go retro and get a beeper. Although that's just another number to remem- er, forget.)

No comments:

Post a Comment