Friday, June 11, 2010

867-5309

I really don't give out my cell phone number to guys very much. Mostly because no one ever asks me for it. But I DO have a strict "use it or lose it" policy - if I don't hear from a guy in a while, or we aren't dating anymore, or whatever, I delete his number. (This way I can avoid drunk dialing and embarassing butt or purse dialing as well.) But I guess guys keep MY number - I get so many texts from people who I cannot identify, it's ridiculous. And I feel too bad to write back "um who IS this?" So I just play along. Usually I can figure out who it is, but the latest one I truly have no idea. The number doesn't look familiar, but it's obviously someone I'm FB friends with because he (assuming it's a he - don't crush the dream, people) asked if I was at the same place I FB status'ed. Then this week he invited me to a concert. I had plans, but seriously. WHO IS THIS PERSON. I think if he ever texts again, I'm going to say "my phone died and I lost all my contacts. Who is this?" Sorry if it's one of my lovely 19 readers.

4 comments:

  1. I really hope you give 867-5309 out to guys who ask for your number but who you don't want to share your real number with. That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to want to do that. if they recognize the #, maybe they're worth the real digits after all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've sent some pretty embarrassing texts and received a "Who IS this?" But mine were misdials. Like 972 (your AC) instead of 970 (my AC). I must have fat fingers. Or the nails need to come down a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My area code is 214. No WONDER you're getting some "who IS this" responses. :)

    ReplyDelete