Monday, June 14, 2010

Dramamine: 1, Embarassing moments: 0

I am happy to report that I did NOT puke on the catamaran this weekend. Thank you, little Dramamine. THANK YOU. It was 100 total randoms, but the awesomeness of the boat made the day pretty damn fun. DJ (who played "Pussy Control" and closed the afternoon with "I'm on a Boat."). Bartenders (serving rum punch and strawberry margs). Chair massages (from "Levi, not Levy."). Ginormous floats (seriously, they held 12 people each) to lounge on in the water.

Kind of makes the party barge we usually use look pretty tragic.

And there was some boat drama - a couple broke up ON the boat. REALLY? You couldn't wait 30 minutes until we were back on shore? Because not only were you stuck on a boat in the middle of a lake, but then you had a 30-minute or so drive back to Dallas! Good timing, dude. It would have been so awesome if she had just jumped off and started swimming. Like "screw you - I'd rather drown than stay on this thing with you, jackass!"

Oh, and then there was the Random Girl who showed up late. She plopped down next to me at the end and told me the whole story - she didn't know ANYONE on the boat, and took a cab to the marina because she knew she would be drinking. The cab driver was late, and the catamaran had already set sail. (There technically WAS a sail, so I believe this phrase is legit.) She somehow found someone to take her out to our boat on ANOTHER boat. So we see this chick getting a private chauffeur out, thinking who the hell is THIS? Ends up, just some Random. Slightly weird, though. I told her about my trip to Cancun next month, and she goes, "Can I come?" I laughed it off, and she goes, "No, seriously." Erm. Awkward. No thanks, Random Girl.

And you all will be happy to learn that I busted out the SPF 30, and who knew? It works! I didn't get burned at all. (In fact, I don't even think I got tan, but that's neither here nor there.)
Coming a little late to the sunscreen party, but the hype is definitely worth it. Hell - I even wore a HAT. (I know, I know.)

3 comments:

  1. I failed to mention the OTHER random person on the boat: Asian Guy. He also knew NO ONE, and kept doing laps, scouting out the scene. I felt simultaneously bad for him and mortified that he would wander over. Sure enough, as we were leaving, we heard this wheeling sound behind us: Asian Guy! He came out of nowhere and asked if we were on the catamaran (duh). Then said it was his FOURTH year to go! And yet he still knew no one! Sad face. :( (And then we hopped in our car and got the heck out of dodge.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you find this catamaran??? how did you end up on it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's called the Chamonix (bigdcats.com). got a random email about it - we each paid $55 but that included food and booze etc. GOOD TIMES.

    ReplyDelete