Friday, June 4, 2010

Toddlers and Tiaras. Why God why.


This show sucks me in, and the only word to describe it is TRAINWRECK. Here's two more: WHITE TRASH. (Apologies to any pageant peeps out there.)

I stayed at a hotel in Austin once during a baby beauty pageant and it was so bizarro. Of course I got sucked into watching them parade on stage in the conference room, but was able to tear myself away after an unfortunate rendition of "9 to 5." All these girls and their moms were roaming the halls in rollers and full make-up - and those fake teeth! Flippers, I think they're called?? Wow. Just wow.

Maybe I'm just jealous that these 4-year-olds are tanner than me and have better teeth. Humph.

1 comment:

  1. Also scary is head-body proportion. Reminds me of Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen in Alice in Wonderland. Trippy.

    ReplyDelete