Friday, June 18, 2010

Soundtrack of my life

I have that "Let the River Run" song from Working Girl stuck in my head. (Don't ask.) Makes me think of other great songs from movies...and therefore, another retarded list.

"Playing with the Boys," Top Gun: beach volleyball scene. Nuff said.
"Footloose," Footloose: opening dance sequence featuring 80s shoes of all kinds. Greatness.
"Kokomo," Cocktail: sorry, but it's catchy. I owned the cassette tape. True story.
"Unchained Melody," Ghost: changed pottery forever.
"My Sharona," Reality Bites: great little dance in a gas station. Gotta love it.
"If You Leave," Pretty in Pink: still gets me every time. Duckie!!
"Old Time Rock and Roll," Risky Business: Tom Cruise. Undies. All you need to know.
"Axel F," Beverly Hills Cop: and I'm not just saying that because it happens to be my ringtone.
"Oh Yeah," every 80s movie. Admit it: you have imagined slow-mo walking into a bar, getting out of a pool, or putting on Silver City Pink lipstick to this song. (Or is that just me??)
"In Your Eyes," Say Anything: sigh. SIGH.
"You Never Can Tell," Pulp Fiction: single-handedly revived John Travolta's career.

Weird that most of these are from 80s movies. Then again, most of my formative years were lived in the 80s...
and I refuse to add "My Heart Will Go On" to this list. Not gonna do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment