Monday, June 28, 2010

I am a spelling Nazi

While waiting for friends at Love & War in Texas in Grapevine (wooo) Friday night, a guy in the band (ha!) approached me. Not my type, but it was someone to talk to and his tales of opening a store that sells boots was only mildly boring. For some UNKNOWN reason I agreed to give him my # when asked - and my REAL number, not 867-5309 - and of course he texted me on Saturday. This was the message: "Hey Sarah what ate you doing tonight?" And...delete. I realize "ate" is a word. But it's not the right word. Things like this might explain why I'm still single.

Sidebar: walking out of Love & War, I realized that could easily be the place where I get raped and murdered. The bar is randomly located within the Grapevine Mills parking lot, and it was so crowded when I got there that I parked over by the Golden Corral (wooo). Of course by the time I left, everything was closed, and I was just picturing some weirdo drunken redneck checking out my awesome turquoise boots (ooh- "turquoise" was another word my new friend didn't know) and leaving me to die by Highway 26. Luckily, arrived home safe and sound.

Wish L&W was closer to my 'hood, as it has a great Texas-y vibe. Maybe next time I'll just crash at the Gaylord and live it up, Grapevine-style. :)

2 comments:

  1. First of all, thanks for waiting for me! I'm very sorry I was late. Wardrobe malfunction + getting lost on the way there + extra driving around after I arrived at the Grapevine Mills mall parking lot because I felt SURE that the iPhone had punked me = one very late me.
    Second, I CAN'T believe you didn't give him Jenny's #.
    Third, I do give him props for at least attempting to get in touch with you. I prefer phone calls, but hey, we can't be too picky. But yes, I would have deleted that text as well.
    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay glad you have an account! Bring on the commentary. :)

    ReplyDelete