Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Grease. Still the word.


Grease was on TV the other night, and although I have probably seen it 17,000 times, I got sucked in yet again. I think I find new gems every time I watch it - and it is SO much more adult/suggestive than I could comprehend at age 10. "We got friendly - down in the sand" simply meant they were making sandcastles, right? RIGHT? Hilarious.


And take a good look at some of the T-Birds. Sonny looks about 47. We are supposed to believe this guy is in HIGH SCHOOL? Still - greatness. Grease 2 absolutely has its moments, but the first reigns supreme in my heart and on my record player.


And now, for Kelly:


Sandy?
Danny?
I thought you were moving to Australia!

We had a change of plans!

Hey - that's cool, baby. I mean you know how it is, rockin', and rollin', and what-not.

Danny?
That's my name, don't wear it out!

What's the matter with you?
What's the matter with me? Baby, what's the matter with you?
What happened to the Danny Zuko I met on the beach?
Well I do not know. I mean, maybe there's two of us. Why don't you take out a missing persons ad or check the yellow pages, I don't know.

You're a fake, and a phony, and I wish I'd never laid eyes on you! (Throws down the pom-poms)


(I bet that's not all she laid on him!) (Hey, Zook - I got CAR, remember?)


And scene.

3 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH LOVE IT. Remember it just like yesterday. Good times. I still remember picking out Grease - the vhs tape - to give to my brother for his birthday - because, you know, I'm sure that was exactly what he wanted. HA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly is the gift that keeps on giving. Doubt Chris understood that at the time, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want those shoes. Actually, I think I HAD those shoes. Pulling off the white shoes look can be tricky.

    ReplyDelete