Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Always a bridesmaid. Period.


Not too long ago I had a revelation: I must try on a wedding dress before I die. So a friend and I decided to suck it up, put on our best cubic zirconia, and headed to David's Bridal to try on some white frou-frou action. Some may see this as pathetic. I try to see it as market research. Suuuure.

My friend was wise enough to realize that we would need engagement stories/wedding dates, so we came up with little white lies about when and where and who. (She gave an actual date, I said we were "still deciding.") The fact that we kept giggling and snapping photos of each other was an easy giveaway to our consultant that we had no intention of actually BUYING anything, but she was nice enough to humor us and let us try on 3-4 dresses each (shout-out, Deirdre!).

Honestly, I didn't think I would like ANYTHING from David's Bridal, but a couple that I tried on weren't so bad. And then Deirdre worked her magic touch - putting on the veil - and when I stepped out into the middle of the room and stood on that pedestal in front of all those mirrors...sigh. I was a "bride." It didn't help that random mothers of ACTUAL brides were sitting around, clapping, ooh-ing and ah-ing. Snapped some photos for MY mother, because this may be the only time she gets to see me all wedding-ed up. I tell you, it was hard to take the veil off. I really wanted to wear it home with my jeans.

So that's one more thing to mark off the old bucket list. Next up: we're going streaking! With nothing on but that damn veil.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously...hilarious! BTW, I have a spare dress if you ever want to just wear it around the house...a very LOW mileage dress at that! ;)

    ReplyDelete