Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ow

Some days I think I have nothing to write about. And now I wonder if subconsciously my body is hurting itself to give me topics. Or maybe I'm just a klutz.

I usually keep one of my downstairs windows open in some futile attempt at cooling down the place while I'm at work. (Doesn't work. At all.) But a few months ago, I heard about an attempted burglary a street over and got nervous (have been robbed before), so I went to close the window. When I did, this wooden art piece that had been resting on the top of the window came crashing down and smacked me right on the top of the head. I almost passed out and got an immediate goose-egg.

A few days later, decided burglar be damned- it's HOT in herre - so I re-opened the window. And this morning, it's officially hotter inside than outside so I closed it. And once again, the wooden thing came crashing down and smacked me on top of the head. And again, I almost passed out. Goose-egg. Actually hurt worse this time, aching for like two hours afterwards.

One would think I would learn my lesson. I could blame the blonde hair, but this kind of crap happens to me all the time. I truly am a danger to myself (not to mention others).

And FYI I looked up "symptoms of concussions," just in case. If I start vomiting, I'm calling someone. Someone better pick up the phone.

2 comments:

  1. I also think I may have broken a knuckle. Guess that will just have to heal on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Head is so very painful. Could barely wash my hair. And kind of annoyed I can't see the bruise. I bet it's a DOOZY.

    ReplyDelete