Monday, May 3, 2010

I have a dream

How weird are dreams, really?

I never dream that I'm flying or getting married or anything cool like that. When I'm stressed I dream that I'm back working at Chili's (my most stressful job ever), and usually wake up in a cold sweat. I have had the dream where I'm back in high school, late for a test, can't open my locker, etc. - but never naked, thank god.

Most of my dreams take place in my very first house where I lived until I was 13. Isn't that weird, that my mind remembers that house so clearly? And my dog is always in my dreams, even though he died a few years ago. (RIP Barney!)

Another recurring dream is that I'm in the real-life version of "I Still Know What You Did Last Summer," even though I never saw the movie. I'm running for my life on some Caribbean island, stalked by a psychopath. The previews alone were apparently enough to terrify me for life.

And one time I dreamed (dreamt?) that I was best friends with Ben Affleck and Matt Damon. I had a crush on Ben but of course he just saw me as a buddy. Maybe my dreams aren't so far-fetched after all. Ha.

2 comments:

  1. We always knew when you had a Chilis dream because we would find you sleeping on the floor (you had to "seat" somebody in your bed)and we found random sticky notes with "Chips and salsa" written on them. Honestly. Scary. At least we didn't find you in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you dream about the SEQUEL to I Know What You Did Last Summer.

    ReplyDelete