Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Getting dumber with each passing year.

So I've gotten sucked into the History Channel series, "America The Story of Us." We're up to WWII, and I can safely say that I have apparently forgotten everything I learned in American History in high school. (Granted, that was way back in like 1994, but still. There should be SOME retention of knowledge...) At one point I really thought I knew the answer they were teasing up to, and yelled out "Thomas Jefferson!" and it was Ben Franklin. Whoops. But ask me who won the first season of "The Bachelor," and I'm all over it. I guess it's selective retention.

4 comments:

  1. i've been watching it too! it's totes awes. and i'm filled with random lyrics instead of historical knowledge ... of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...which proves my point that if history were taught in song, we would remember EVERYTHING. period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet your remember all the historical references from that REM (?) song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you're talking about "it's the end of the world as we know it," no. all i know from that is "LEONARD BERNSTEIN." but i DO remember all the words to Billy Joel's "we didn't start the fire." highly educational.

    ReplyDelete