Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Back to square one

Had to close out the OKCupid account. Really started to creep me out. Got IM's from girls and really weirdo dudes. The two guys I was emailing with I became friends with on Facebook, so figured I could continue to stay in touch that way.

Or not. The one guy was the one I was supposed to go out with tonight who didn't give an explanation for cancelling. The other one lives in Oklahoma (typically a dealbreaker but maybe time to lower some standards), and after a few Facebook messages last night I responded to one with "Nice! Enjoy!" (referring to his week), and he responded "I can take a hint. Good luck with your search." And....scene.

This is the problem with email relationships. (Okay, "a" problem. There are many.) You can't hear the tone of an email. My awesome sarcasm and redonkulous humor (and requisite humility - HA!) sometimes get misconstrued as rudeness or being short or whatever. But still - not sure how this one went awry. Whatever. He doesn't even live in the same state.

Now accepting suggestions for my next move...

2 comments:

  1. like when you said "you should ask her out" to the guy you were interested in about another girl! I don't think the reverse psychology thing works on men :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I really meant "enjoy your week!" Oh well. So misunderstood. :)

    ReplyDelete