Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I should just shave my head.


Why I attempted the side braid today, when I'm getting my passport photo taken, I will never know. It certainly doesn't look like the photo above. Nowhere close, actually.


I am very remedial when it comes to my hair. I can't use a curling iron. Or a round brush. Bobby pins? Nope. Can really barely operate a blow dryer and straightener. (This could be why my hairdresser refuses to give me bangs - she knows I wouldn't know what to do with them and would end up slicking them back with a headband.) So why I attempt side braids, wavy looks, really anything aside from my go-to "side part, tuck behind the ear" style, is beyond me. I mean, know your limits.


And now the side braid will be captured for the next ten years in photo history! Good thing I never leave the country. Maybe no one will ever see this passport picture.

2 comments:

  1. Follow up: so the CVS guy taking my picture managed to insult me TWICE. First time, asked if I wanted to look in a mirror before the photo was taken. Um, do i NEED to look in the mirror?
    And then as I'm giving my high-wattage smile, he puts the camera down and says I should just stare straight ahead with no expression on my face. I told him I ALWAYS have expression on my face and I wanted to smile for my passport photo. He shrugged, and said semi-under his breath "Don't blame me if you get stopped at security!" WHAT. Just take the damn picture, d-bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has more hair in her eyelashes than on her head. Plus it's kinda cool to get stopped at security. They do it to me every time.

    ReplyDelete