Monday, May 10, 2010

Why is the world anti-single people?


My latest beef: trying to go on a freaking vacation by myself. (Yes, it's pathetic, but I'm desperate to get away. Partner in crime be damned.) The issue I'm having, aside from the slight embarassment factor: when you book a package for one instead of two, it ups the cost by like 50%. WTF. I mean I get it, double occupancy, blah blah - but what the hell am I supposed to do? No way am I going on a "singles" cruise - and I promise I'll eat and drink for two - so why can't some of these travel sites give a person a break? Being a party of one is tragic enough without the extra dollar signs. Humph. Looks like a staycation for the second year in a row. Score.

2 comments:

  1. you can do this. use hotwire.com, etc. i booked a weeklong vacation to key west a few years ago. it can be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but did you go BY YOURSELF. that is the key.

    ReplyDelete