Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Back-up Plan

There is a nice mentally challenged (that's the politically correct way to say "retarded," right?) man who works out at my gym. His name is John. John has a slight crush on me. A few years ago he invited me to his 50th birthday party at his parents' house. I didn't go, but John is not deterred. Every morning that he works out, he walks to the gym and is first in line, so he must get there around 4:45am (the gym doesn't open until 5:30). Then he sits on the bench and greets every single person who gets in line with a "good morning!" Depending on how well he knows you, that could be followed by a "I hope you have a good workout, a good day, and a great week!" And for me he adds "You look so pretty today." Mind you, it's dark out, I barely have make-up on (can't leave the house without mascara, duh), and I look FAR from pretty. But thanks, John. You make 5am a little brighter.

And let's face it. In ten years, might need to marry someone who thinks I look pretty at 5am.

6 comments:

  1. why are there people waiting in line to get into the gym 45 min before it opens? is there that much competition for machines? yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know. it's truly insane. it's the spinners who actually fight over equipment, and the rest of us are just morons who apparently have nothing better to do. (i get there like 15 minutes early, which is still REDONK.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, i think that guy is sweet :). i'd like someone to tell me that everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, you look pretty today. Sarah, I think you need a gym intervention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haaaa. don't i know it. there was recently an article in the paper about "are you over-exercising?" and i could basically check "yes" to all the questions. it's cool - my body will get the last laugh when i have to have both knees replaced at age 35. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That reminds me of a similar guy who worked at Tom Thumb. Also in love with you. Everytime he saw you in the store he yelled out SARAH!!! We felt bad when he died...

    ReplyDelete