Friday, May 21, 2010

Carry the six...

My gym crush and I finally had a semi-normal convo last night. He asked about my summer plans, so I went off on some Colorado tangent. Then I asked him what HE was doing. This is where it gets awkward. He said "We're going on an Alaskan cruise!" So I'm thinking okay, he's married and/or has a girlfriend. (Which he still very well could, but I digress.) Then he explains that he has a son and THEY are going. I'm like, "Oh how nice..." and then he says "Yeah, he's graduating next week so this is his present." I was like "um, graduating from WHAT?" Preschool? Nope - HIGH SCHOOL, folks. This guy looks my age. Which means unless he had the kid at 15, he is much older. Hey now. I was so flustered that the conversation pretty much halted after that. I'm all sitting on the Reebok Step, trying to do the math in my head...

Whatever. Just another amusing chapter for my book.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe he's a plastic surgeon. I sure would like to hook up with one...

    ReplyDelete